EXCLUSIVE: Gail Lerner has come aboard NBC’s newly picked up comedy series Animal Practice as executive producer/showrunner. Created by feature writers Brian Gatewood and Alessandro Tanaka, Animal Practice is a single-camera office comedy centered on a “House”-like veterinarian (Justin Kirk) who loves animals but usually hates their owners (especially the new woman who runs the clinic). This marks the first executive producer/showrunner gig for Lerner, who is coming off a stint as a co-executive producer on ABC’s Happy Endings this season. On the Universal TV/American Work-produced Animal Practice, she will serve as an executive producer alongside Gatewood, Alex Tanaka, Ravi Nandan, Scot Armstrong and the pilot’s directors Anthony and Joe Russo. Lerner, repped by Vision Art’s Scott Schwartz, previously worked on Will & Grace, Back To You and Worst Week.
Gail Lerner Joins New NBC Comedy Series 'Animal Practice' As Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest TV News
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- ‘This Week’: Steve Bannon Claims Border Outrage Aims “To Demonize Donald Trump”
- ‘Meet The Press’ Panel: President’s Twitter Activity Fueling Mueller Probe