Gabriel Byrne has been cast as Earl Haraldson in History channel’s first scripted series, Vikings, which premieres in 2013. Byrne will play a powerful figure in the historical telling of the Norsemen who raided and explored during Medieval times. He goes against the story’s protagonist, Ragnar Lothrok. Vikings is a 10-episode drama from MGM TV and The Tudors and Camelot masterminds Michael Hirst and Morgan O’Sullivan. Other executive producers on the series include John Weber of Take 5 Productions, Sherry Marsh, Alan Gasmer, James Flynn and Sheila Hockin. As with Hirst and O’Sullivan’s other productions, it’s an Irish/Canadian co-production. History has U.S. rights; MGM TV has most international rights.
Gabriel Byrne Cast In History's 'Vikings'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Catfish' Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found "Not Credible"
Latest TV News
- Alec Baldwin Invites Melania Trump To “Come Over To The Light” And Join Him On ‘SNL’
- ‘One Day At A Time’ EP Says TV Writers Stop Border Separation Campaign Is About “Paying It Forward”
- ‘Catfish’ Resumes Production After Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Host Nev Schulman Found “Not Credible”…
- Univision Warns DISH Subscribers On Potential Access Cut-Off In Carriage Dispute
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tanya Saracho, And DeWanda Wise
- David Simon Twitter Reinstated, And Showrunner Returns With A Vengeance