Amidst its slew of new series pickups, I’ve learned that Fox also has renewed midseason drama Touch for a second season. The news comes on the heels of a ratings rebound for Tim Kring’s series starring Kiefer Sutherland following a post-premiere slide. 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment are producing. The jury is still out on fellow freshman drama series The Finder, which had shown some signs of life on Friday, but its chances don’t look good. UPDATE: The Finder is indeed now a goner. Alcatraz is out of the picture, especially after Fox renewed J.J. Abrams’ other bubble drama series, Fringe. It has been a great afternoon for Chernin Entertainment, whose Fox comedy pilot Ben & Kate (formerly Ben Fox Is My Manny) received a series pickup an hour and a half ago. Joining The Finder and Alcatraz on the cancellation pile are comedies Breaking In and I Hate My Teenage Daughter.
Fox's 'Touch' Renewed For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
Latest TV News
- Liz Friedman Inks Overall Deal With Sony Pictures TV
- Richard Schiff Says Dr. Glassman’s Fate In ‘The Good Doctor’ Was On Plan From The Start
- WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey: No More Top Exec Exits Expected Soon
- ‘Family Guy’ Showrunners On Edgy Emmy Mailers, Kevin Spacey & Harvey Weinstein Predictions & Season 17 Details…
- Skinny Bundles To Be 25% Of All Pay-TV Subscriptions By 2022 – Analyst
- ‘Shades Of Blue’ Ratings Return For Series Low, ABC Tops Night With Game Shows