This won’t come as a surprise to anyone who sat through the credits of The Avengers, or who simply looked at the film’s record-breaking box office sales this past weekend. Still, fans (and investors) will be glad to hear that Disney CEO Bob Iger just announced that the company is developing a sequel. The film’s success “is a great illustration of why we like Marvel so much.” Demand for Avengers merchandise has been strong, he added.
Disney Announces 'Avengers 2' In Development
What's Hot on Deadline
'Shark Tank' Judges And Producers Spill Secrets On Eve Of 200th Episode: "I'm Surprised More Entrepreneurs Don't Bomb" - Tribeca TV Festival
Alyssa Milano Comes Forward With #WhyIDidntReport Story: "It Meant Recognizing My Attacker’s Existence"
'The House With A Clock In Its Walls' Sounding Near $27M Alarm; Counterprogramming Still In Deep Sleep
Latest Film News
- Gary Kurtz Dies: ‘Star Wars’ & ‘American Graffiti’ Producer Was 78
- E! People’s Choice Awards Finalists Set – Voting Open Through Oct. 19
- ‘Bumblebee’ Trailer: Transformers Prequel Bugs Out In Cali Junkyard
- Byron Allen Launches International Sales & Distribution Division; ’47 Meters Down’ Sequel Is First Title
- Al Matthews: ‘Aliens’ & ‘Superman III’ Star Dies Aged 75
- MoviePass Films Takes Equity Stakes In NEON Films ‘Monsters And Men’ & ‘Border’