This won’t come as a surprise to anyone who sat through the credits of The Avengers, or who simply looked at the film’s record-breaking box office sales this past weekend. Still, fans (and investors) will be glad to hear that Disney CEO Bob Iger just announced that the company is developing a sequel. The film’s success “is a great illustration of why we like Marvel so much.” Demand for Avengers merchandise has been strong, he added.
Disney Announces 'Avengers 2' In Development
What's Hot on Deadline
'Spider-Verse' Catching $37M+, 'The Mule' Carrying Near $18M, 'Mortal Engines' Fails To Start With $7M+
'SNL': Alec Baldwin, Ben Stiller, Matt Damon & Robert De Niro Celebrate The Holidays With 'It's A Wonderful Trump'
Latest Film News
- Stephen Woolley & Elizabeth Karlsen To Receive BAFTA For Outstanding British Contribution To Cinema
- Academy Award Trophy For ‘Gentleman’s Agreement’ Sells For Nearly $500K
- European Film Awards: ‘Cold War’ Scoops Top Prizes In Politically-Charged Ceremony – Full List
- ‘Aquaman’ Pools $179M Through Friday Overseas; Topping $200M Today
- ‘Spider-Verse’ Catching $37M+, ‘The Mule’ Carrying Near $18M, ‘Mortal Engines’ Fails To Start…
- Jennifer Lawrence Blisters Harvey Weinstein’s “Predatory Tactics”; Producer Calls Sundance Sexual Assault Suit “Malicious”…