EXCLUSIVE: Emmy-winning comedy writer-producer Tucker Cawley has signed a two-year overall deal with Universal Television. Under the pact, the Everybody Loves Raymond alum will serve as executive producer/showrunner on the studio’s NBC comedy series Up All Night, which was renewed for a second season with a 13-episode order. Cawley was most recently co-executive producer on the first season of the series, created/executive produced by Emily Spivey and starring Christina Applegate, Will Arnett and Maya Rudolph. As showrunner, Cawley succeeds Jon Pollack, who moved to another NBC/Universal TV comedy series, the newly-picked up Go On. Cawley, repped by CAA and attorneys Patti Felker and Bruce Gelman, won an Emmy Award for writing the Baggage episode of CBS’ Everybody Loves Raymond and shared in the show’s two best comedy series Emmys. His series credits also include TNT’s Men Of a Certain Age and NBC’s Parks & Recreation.
Comedy Writer-Producer Tucker Cawley Signs Deal With Universal Television
What's Hot on Deadline
Lee Daniels Lets Loose On "Pain & Anger" That 'Empire' Team Feels Over Jussie Smollett's Alleged Fake Hate Crime
'The Dark Tower' Casts Sam Strike As Gunslinger Roland Deschain, Plus Jasper Pääkkönen As Amazon Nears Pilot Order
Meghan McCain On Donald Trump's Complaint About Dad's Funeral: "I Don't Expect Decency From Trump Family"
David Letterman Tells Ellen DeGeneres He Stayed Too Long At 'Late Show': "Nobody Had The Guts To Fire Me"
Latest TV News
- When Will ‘Parks And Recreation’ Return? Co-Creator Michael Schur & Amy Poehler Offer Clues – PaleyFest
- ‘Now Apocalypse’ Bowing Via Starz With Free Giveaways On Program Platforms
- ATA Gives WGA Raft Of Counterproposals On Key Issues; Talks Done For Day
- NFL Settlement With Colin Kaepernick On Collusion May Be Less Than $10M – Report
- Steven Weber To Star In NBC Comedy ‘Uninsured’
- ‘Lovestruck’: Beth Riesgraf, Jeffery Self & Linda Park Cast In Fox's Tom Kapinos Pilot