The news just went from bad to worse at CNN. After the cable news network delivered its lowest-rated month in total viewers in over a decade in April, May became CNN’s worst month in primetime among total viewers in over 20 years. From April 30 to May 27, the cable news network attracted an average of 389,000 viewers in primetime. It was also CNN’s second-lowest-rated month in primetime among the 25-54 demographic (114,000) since October 1991. Only May 2000, with 104,000 viewers in the demo, did worse. Piers Morgan Tonight received the lowest total viewer and 25-54 demo numbers that CNN has had in the 9 PM time slot in two decades. The interview show got only 417,000 total viewers and 117,000 among the 25-54 demographic. At 7 PM, Erin Burnett, another relative CNN newcomer, had the lowest 25-54 demo numbers in 20 years in the time slot for the network and the second lowest after June 2001, in two decades in terms of total viewership. Burnett’s show attracted just 89,000 viewers in the 25-54 demo from April 30 to May 27. The latest numbers follow CNN hitting its lowest-rated weekday primetime in 20 years during the week of May 14-18.
CNN Hits 20-Year Monthly Rating Low In May
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Anthony Bourdain's Suicide Mourned By Rose McGowan In New Letter; Didn't Take "Doctor's Advice" In Depression Battle
Latest TV News
- HBO Boards ‘Storm Over Brooklyn’ Feature Doc From ‘Whitney’ Producer Lightbox
- John Oliver Blasts Donald Trump Administration For Taking Children From Parents As Immigration Strategy
- Emma Roberts Teases Return of ‘American Horror Story’s Madison Montgomery
- FIFA World Cup: Fox Sports Sets Record With Argentina-Iceland Match; Telemundo Scores Big With First Presentation
- Fox Sports, USGA Apologize For Graphic Language Inadvertently Broadcast
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult