With the pace of dealmaking slow so far at the Cannes Film Festival, the most intriguing word spreading on the Croisette is that Entertainment One is in discussions to acquire Alliance. We’ve even heard word that Alliance and Entertainment One will not be making offers on the same films here on territories where there is overlap — namely in Canada and the UK. In January, Alliance’s owners, Goldman Sachs and Investissement Quebec, put the Toronto-based company up for sale. Under Canadian law, the buyer has to be Canadian or have a Canadian partner since foreign groups can’t have controlling ownership of local media companies. Entertainment One says it doesn’t comment on acquisition speculation, and Alliance isn’t talking either.
Cannes Swirls With Talk Of Convergence Between Distributors eOne And Alliance
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest Film News
- Dick Van Dyke, Hayley Mills & Others Celebrate Disney Musical Legends Sherman Brothers At Joyous Motion Picture Academy…
- CAA Ups Trainee Eric Schonberg To Agent; Greenlight Hires Shir Aharon As Talent Manager
- ‘Black Panther’ Items To Be Displayed At Smithsonian African-American Museum
- Johnny Depp’s $650M Film Fortune “Almost All Gone”, New Rolling Stone Exposé Says
- David Ayer Sets Gritty LA Crime Thriller ‘Tax Collector;’ Shia LaBeouf, Bobby Soto Star For Cross Creek
- WGA West Board Elections: 15 Candidates Will Vie For Eight Seats