Bill Murray somehow fits perfectly — like an old slipper — on the set of Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom, the Focus Features drama that just opened the Cannes Film Festival and comes out in the U.S. on Friday. He and Anderson are old pals, with the actor having worked on every Anderson-directed film except his first one Bottle Rocket (“I still haven’t seen that one,” Murray deadpans during his video tour of the production). While it’s not the elaborate video diary of Peter Jackson on The Hobbit set, it strikes the right tone for the latest Anderson effort, which received a standing ovation at the Palais during its Cannes premiere that brought Murray to tears.
Bill Murray Gives Nickel Tour Of Wes Anderson's 'Moonrise Kingdom' Set: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
'This Is Us' Creator Dan Fogelman Says "You're Going To Get A Lot Of Answers" In Season Finale, Teases Season 4 Details - PaleyFest
Martin Clunes Returns To Cornwall As Filming Begins On Season Nine Of ITV & Acorn TV Medical Drama 'Doc Martin'
How Universal Drove Jordan Peele's 'Us' To $70M+ Opening, The Best Start For A Live-Action Original Since 'Avatar' - Update
Latest Film News
- James Franco’s ‘The Pretenders’ Lands At Cleopatra Entertainment
- Frank Langella Starrer ‘Lapham Rising’ Gets Winter State Entertainment Funding
- Lionsgate Taps Marisa Liston To Run Global Motion Picture Communications
- Michael B. Jordan Takes On Age-Less Man Thriller ‘Methusaleh’ At Warner Bros
- AMPTP Rejects WGA Request For “Group Boycott” Of Talent Agents Who Won’t Sign Proposed Code Of Conduct
- New AppleTV+ Streamer Unveiled By CEO Tim Cook, Spielberg & Oprah