Marvel’s The Avengers on Thursday set a new domestic speed record, reaching the $400M box office threshold in 14 days. Worldwide, it has passed Toy Story 3 and Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest to become the #6 highest-grossing film of all time and the highest grossing Disney release ever. Internationally it is the #9 highest-grossing film of all time.
The Avengers’ cumulative performance to date: International box office $668.7M and Domestic $402M for Global $1,070.7M.
Additional highlights to date:
· Fastest film to reach $350M (10 days), $300M (9 days), $250M (6 days), $200M (3 days), $150M (3 days) and $100M (2 days) at domestic box office.
· Disney’s fifth release to cross the billion dollar global box office threshold.
· Biggest domestic opening of all time ($207.4M).
· Biggest domestic second weekend of all time ($103M).
· Highest-grossing domestic film of 2012, passing The Hunger Games in just 12 days of release, and is now the 12th highest grossing domestic release of all-time.
· Highest domestic Saturday tally ($69.5M).
· Highest domestic Sunday tally ($57M).
· Second-highest domestic single-day tally ($80.8M).
Subscribe to Deadline Breaking News Alerts and keep your inbox happy.