EXCLUSIVE: Summit Entertainment wants Anthony Hopkins to join the cast of Red 2. And Hopkins wants to do it. The sticking point is whether or not he can make the dates work with Thor 2, as he’s already committed to reprising his role as Thor’s father Odin. Red 2 will be directed by Dean Parisot, with Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, and John Malkovich expected to reprise, and Catherine Zeta-Jones and Byung Hun-Li joining the cast. Hopkins would play Edward Bailey, a villain. He’s currently playing Alfred Hitchcock in Fox Searchlight‘s making-of-Psycho pic.
Anthony Hopkins Up For 'Red 2' Villain; Can 'Thor' Sequel Dates Work?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Jeff Bridges To Be Honored With Cecil B. DeMille Award At Golden Globes
- Charlotte Rampling To Receive Honorary Berlin Golden Bear; Macao Winners — Global Briefs
- ‘Float Like A Butterfly’ First Trailer: Irish Boxing Drama From ‘Sing Street’ Producer Won TIFF FIPRESCI…
- Feature Docs About ‘Lion’ Writer Luke Davies & Sir George Martin’s Air Studios Score Screen…
- Phoenix Critics Circle Names ‘The Favourite’ As Best Picture
- ‘Aquaman’ Reels In $261M Overseas; ‘Spider-Verse’ Swings To $21M Bow – International Box Office