ABC’s Happy Endings got its happy ending. As expected, the network has given a full-season, 22-episode order to the Sony TV-produced sophomore comedy series, which was glaringly missing from last night’s list of seven “no-brainer” ABC scripted series renewals. After several extra hours of deal-making, the quirky comedy has now joined fellow returning comedies Modern Family, Suburgatory, The Middle and dramas Once Upon A Time, Grey’s Anatomy, Revenge and Castle. Still pending are the renewals of freshmen comedy Last Men Standing and Don’t Trust The B—-, with GCB and Private Practice and Body Of Proof still on the bubble, with Body and Scandal looking good and Practice in tough negotiations for a 13-episode final season.
ABC's 'Happy Endings' Gets 3rd Season
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Sony Pictures Classics Calls Peter Fonda Tweet "Abhorrent" But Will Open 'Boundaries' As Scheduled - Update
'The ABC Murders': First-Look At John Malkovich As Hercule Poirot As BBC/Amazon Drama Rounds Out Cast
Latest TV News
- Sandra Oh On Obsession And Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s ‘Killing Eve’
- Stephen Colbert: Corey Lewandowski Hung Out To Dry By Donald Trump’s “Sudden Ethical Back-Peddle”
- MTV Launches MTV Studios With ‘Daria’, ‘Made’, ‘Real World’ & ‘Aeon…
- Apple Orders Short-Form Series ‘Calls’ From Canal+ As First Int’l Co-Production
- AT&T To Launch Its WatchTV ‘Skinny Bundle’ Video Streaming Service
- MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: “What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!”