Marc Cherry is inching closer to a quick return to ABC’s primetime. I’ve learned that his ABC/ABC Studios pilot Devious Maids has been given permission to start making senior staffing offers. While that does not guarantee a series pickup, such a move is usually a promising sign about a pilot’s chances. Like Cherry’s departing Desperate Housewives, Devious Maids, based on the Mexican format, is a soap with four female leads (Ana Ortiz, Dania Ramirez, Roselyn Sanchez, Judy Reyes), maids with ambition and dreams of their own who work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Devious Maids is one of several pilots that are already making staffing offers, along with NBC comedies Save Me and The New Normal. NBC’s single-camera comedy Go On is the only pilot so far to secure a series order.
ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids' Starts Making Staffing Offers
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
Latest TV News
- James Corden Concludes ‘The Late Late Show’s Week In London After 1M Apply For Tickets
- Paul McCartney Redefines ‘Carpool Karaoke’ With James Corden In Liverpool
- Stephen Colbert Shames Melania For “I Really Don’t Care” ‘Jacket Seen Round The World
- ‘Dear White People’ Renewed For Season 3 By Netflix
- ‘Roseanne’ Spinoff ‘The Conners’ Picked Up By ABC With No Roseanne Barr Involvement
- Starz Donates Big Bucks For TV Scribes’ Push To Stop Border Family Separation