Writer-producer Michael Oates Palmer (The West Wing) has signed a two-year overall deal with Universal Television. The pact, which starts in June, comes on the heels of Palmer developing two hourlong projects at Universal TV’s sister network NBC — American Exile, a contemporary take on the Casablanca love triangle, with McG’s Wonderland and Warner Bros. TV, and The Hurt, a medical drama with the Shepherd-Robin Co and WBTV. The latter was originally set up at FX. Additionally, ICM-repped Palmer recently turned in his script for Skinny Dip, a half-hour adaptation of Carl Hiaasen’s novel for HBO with Michael Keaton attached to produce and potentially star. Palmer’s series credits also include AMC’s Rubicon and ABC’s Cupid. This is the latest of a slew of overall deals at Universal TV, which has been aggressively beefing up its talent roster this spring, heading into next development season.
Writer Michael Oates Palmer Signs Overall Deal With Universal Television
What's Hot on Deadline
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
'Incredibles 2' Record $183M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
'The Sopranos' Vincent Pastore & Steven Van Zandt & 'Mindhunter’s Holt McCallany Star In Dark Mob Comedy
Latest TV News
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees…
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Michael B. Jordan Wins For Best Villain, Says He Thought “Roseanne Had It In The Bag”
- ‘Othello’ Review: Chukwudi Iwuji, Corey Stoll & No Gimmicks In Central Park
- Stephen Colbert: “Potent Tool” Stephen Miller Calls Baby-Snatching Immigration Policy A Potent Tool
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Gaslighting America With Claims His Baby Snatching Immigration Policy Is Democrats’ Doing
- Tiffany Haddish Opens MTV Movie & TV Awards With Wakandan Showdown Against Chadwick Boseman