BREAKING: Universal Pictures has acquired the pitch for the romantic comedy No Hearts Club, with Ben Schwartz attached to write the screenplay. Brian Grazer will produce for Imagine Entertainment alongside executive producer Kim Roth; Universal director of development Maradith Frenkel will oversee for the studio. Schwartz — also an actor who co-stars on Showtime’s House Of Lies, recurs on NBC’s Parks And Recreation and just wrapped the feature Coffee Town — wrote the Soapdish remake El Fuego Caliente, which made the 2011 Black List and is now set up at Paramount. He also has written three comedic books. Schwartz is repped by WME and Tom Sawyer Entertainment.
Universal Buys Pitch For Ben Schwartz Romantic Comedy 'No Hearts Club'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Rich Asians' Even Richer On Saturday With $10M+; Weekend Bling Now At $25M+ With $34M 5-Day Debut
'Meg' Munches On $300M+ & 'M:I- Fallout' Jumps Over $500M WW In Milestone-Rich Frame - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Meg’ Munches On $300M+ & ‘M:I- Fallout’ Jumps Over $500M WW In Milestone-Rich Frame – International…
- ‘The Wife' & 'We The Animals' Bow Strong; 'Three Identical Strangers' at $10.5M in 2nd Month of Release: Specialty…
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Even Richer On Saturday With $10M+; Weekend Bling Now At $25M+ With $34M 5-Day Debut
- Director Boots Riley Questions Spike Lee’s ‘Black KKKlansman’ Politics On Twitter
- Rosamund Pike Declined To Strip For ‘Die Another Day’ Audition, But Got The Part
- Oscars: Cannes Favorite Nuri Bilge Ceylan’s ‘The Wild Pear Tree’ Is Turkey’s Foreign Language Entry