BREAKING: Universal Pictures has acquired the pitch for the romantic comedy No Hearts Club, with Ben Schwartz attached to write the screenplay. Brian Grazer will produce for Imagine Entertainment alongside executive producer Kim Roth; Universal director of development Maradith Frenkel will oversee for the studio. Schwartz — also an actor who co-stars on Showtime’s House Of Lies, recurs on NBC’s Parks And Recreation and just wrapped the feature Coffee Town — wrote the Soapdish remake El Fuego Caliente, which made the 2011 Black List and is now set up at Paramount. He also has written three comedic books. Schwartz is repped by WME and Tom Sawyer Entertainment.
Universal Buys Pitch For Ben Schwartz Romantic Comedy 'No Hearts Club'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Abrams Artists Agency Acquired By Group Including Longtime Execs, Adam Bold
- Betsy Brandt, Jane Kaczmarek, Annika Marks & Jenny O’Hara To Star In Indie Comedy ‘Killing Eleanor’
- Focus Features-Working Title’s ‘Mary Queen Of Scots’ To Close AFI Fest
- Five Studios Trying To Catch ‘Train To Busan’ Remake; Gary Dauberman Scripting, James Wan Producing…
- TCA Yanks Bill Cosby’s Career Achievement Award In “Decisive” Vote
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Biopic ‘On The Basis Of Sex’ Set To Open AFI Fest