BREAKING: Universal Pictures has acquired the pitch for the romantic comedy No Hearts Club, with Ben Schwartz attached to write the screenplay. Brian Grazer will produce for Imagine Entertainment alongside executive producer Kim Roth; Universal director of development Maradith Frenkel will oversee for the studio. Schwartz — also an actor who co-stars on Showtime’s House Of Lies, recurs on NBC’s Parks And Recreation and just wrapped the feature Coffee Town — wrote the Soapdish remake El Fuego Caliente, which made the 2011 Black List and is now set up at Paramount. He also has written three comedic books. Schwartz is repped by WME and Tom Sawyer Entertainment.
Universal Buys Pitch For Ben Schwartz Romantic Comedy 'No Hearts Club'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood & Beltway On Summit: Schwarzenegger Calls Donald Trump "Little Wet Noodle, Little Fan Boy" - Update
Latest Film News
- Ron Burkle’s Yucaipa Sues Lantern For Fraud Over Weinstein Co. Sale Deal
- Netflix Brass Spins Q2 Miss: “Fundamentals Have Never Been Stronger”
- Sophia Bush & Michael Dorman To Star In Music-Inspired Indie ‘Hard Luck Love Song’
- ‘Rugrats’ Returns With Nickelodeon Series Revival & Live-Action Paramount Movie
- ‘Transparent’ Actress Trace Lysette To Star & Produce ‘Colors Of Ava’
- Paralympian Actress Katy Sullivan Chides Dwayne Johnson For Playing Amputee In ‘Skyscraper’