EXCLUSIVE: Steve Kloves is making a deal to write, direct and produce The Jungle Book at Warner Bros. The film is a live action of the Rudyard Kipling classic about an orphaned boy raised by wolves and other animals, which try to protect him from the ferocious tiger Shere-Khan. The deal keeps Kloves in the Warner Bros fold, where he has been the backbone of the Harry Potter series, and most recently scripted Akira.
Steve Kloves To Write-Direct 'The Jungle Book' For Warner Bros
What's Hot on Deadline
Lee Daniels Lets Loose On "Pain & Anger" That 'Empire' Team Feels Over Jussie Smollett's Alleged Fake Hate Crime
'The Dark Tower' Casts Sam Strike As Gunslinger Roland Deschain, Plus Jasper Pääkkönen As Amazon Nears Pilot Order
Meghan McCain On Donald Trump's Complaint About Dad's Funeral: "I Don't Expect Decency From Trump Family"
David Letterman Tells Ellen DeGeneres He Stayed Too Long At 'Late Show': "Nobody Had The Guts To Fire Me"
Latest Film News
- After Trying Day, Disney Sets Film Leadership Lineup
- WarnerMedia Will Add A Diversity Executive To Top Management Team
- Voltage Wins Legal Battle Over ‘The Professor And The Madman’ As Judge Tosses Copyright Suit
- Buddy Morra Dies: Comedy Talent Manager Who Helped Launch Billy Crystal’s Career
- Fox Film Team Faces Rocky Disney Future; Paul Feig Moves Label To Universal
- Fox International Distribution Head Andrew Cripps Also Out Post-Merger; More Names