The ProSiebenSat.1 Group has acquired the exclusive free-TV rights to Gaumont International Television’s upcoming 13-episode series Hannibal for its German-speaking and Scandinavian TV stations in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark for a 2013 launch. Hannibal, about the early relationship of Thomas Harris’s character, renowned psychiatrist Dr. Hannibal Lector, and his patient, a young FBI criminal profiler named Will Graham (Hugh Dancy), has already been picked up by NBC in the U.S. Bryan Fuller wrote the project and is executive producing with Martha De Laurentiis.
ProSieben Acquires Gaumont's 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Kim Possible’: ‘Raven’s Home’ Star Issac Ryan Brown Joins Cast Of Disney Channel Movie
- Universal Cable Productions Inks Two-Project Development Deal With Kronicle Media
- The Weinstein Co. Drops Purchase Price, “Creditors Feel Thrown Under The Bus”
- ‘Yellowstone’ Premiere Draws All-Time High Viewership For Paramount Network
- Tracee Ellis Ross On The Changing Landscape Of Inclusivity, Solving Pay Disparity & Directing ‘Black-ish’
- ABC Pulls ‘The Proposal’ Episode After Contestant Accused Of Facilitating Sexual Assault