NBC’s Today is not taking Katie Couric‘s week-long guest stint on rival Good Morning America in stride. In the span of several hours yesterday NBC launched a promo teasing the return of a “legend” on the Monday Today show and a guest-hosting stint by Couric’s enemy Sarah Palin on Tuesday. (NBC refused to name the “legend” before the Monday show, triggering Internet speculation that has turned up such suggestions as Jane Pauley, Bryant Gumbel and… John Legend) Between the “legend” stunt on Today, Katie Couric’s return to morning television on GMA and Gayle King’s interview with BFF Oprah Winfrey on CBS This Morning, tomorrow morning is shaping up as one of the most competitive morning contests in years. It was Couric who conducted that now infamous 2008 interview (on Couric’s former CBS Evening News home) which hurt the then GOP Vice Presidential candidate’s political credibility.
Sarah Palin, Katie Couric, & Oprah Winfrey Heat Up Morning Show Wars
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Latest TV News
- Fox Sports, USGA Apologize For Graphic Language Inadvertently Broadcast
- Mexico Beats Germany 1-0 In World Cup, Avenges News Outlet’s Insult
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- ‘This Week’: Steve Bannon Claims Border Outrage Aims “To Demonize Donald Trump”