EXCLUSIVE, 12:34 PM: Voltage Productions and Bona Fide Productions have set Moby to compose the music for The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman. The film stars Shia LaBeouf, Evan Rachel Wood, Mads Mikkelsen, Melissa Leo and Til Schweiger, and is described as a gritty pulp romance. The gig is Moby’s first venture into movie scoring, though his music has been featured in films from the Bourne Trilogy, Heat and Seabiscuit. Albert Berger, Ron Yerxa, Craig J. Flores, and William Horberg are producing, with Nicolas Chartier exec producer along with Patrick Newall. Fredrik Bond is directing a script by Matt Drake, who is coming off Project X at Warner Bros. The film shoots in May in Romania, and Voltage will sell foreign territories in Cannes.
Jack White Scores 'Lone Ranger' After Moby Joins 'The Necessary Death Of Charlie Countryman'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Rich Asians' Even Richer On Saturday With $10M; Weekend Bling Now At $24M+ With $33M+ 5-Day Debut
Latest Film News
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Even Richer On Saturday With $10M; Weekend Bling Now At $24M+ With $33M+ 5-Day Debut
- Director Boots Riley Questions Spike Lee’s ‘Black KKKlansman’ Politics On Twitter
- Rosamund Pike Declined To Strip For ‘Die Another Day’ Audition, But Got The Part
- Oscars: Cannes Favorite Nuri Bilge Ceylan’s ‘The Wild Pear Tree’ Is Turkey’s Foreign Language Entry
- Narrative PR Hires Publicist Alex Schack In Latest Ramp-Up
- Dave Bautista Sarcastically “Thanks” Disney For Firing James Gunn