Gossip Girl executive producer Josh Safran is finalizing a deal to join NBC’s musical drama series Smashas executive producer for next season. He will succeed creator/executive producer/showrunner Theresa Rebeck who departed the series shortly after it was renewed for a second season last month. A number of showrunners interviewed for the job until Safran was identified as the choice about a week ago. UTA-repped Safran spent the last five years on the CW soap Gossip Girl, rising through the ranks to an executive producer.
Josh Safran To Join 'Smash' As Showrunner
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein's Lawyer Declares Alleged Victims Have "Lied"; D.A. Only Interested In"Political Correctness"
Latest TV News
- Juan Carlos Coto Signs With UTA
- Paul James To Star In Netflix Musical Drama Series ‘Mixtape’
- Legendary TV Inks Overall Deal With Kelly Sue DeConnick & Matt Fraction’s Milkfed Criminal Masterminds
- Logan Lerman In Talks For Lead In Jordan Peele’s ‘The Hunt’ Amazon Drama Series
- Red Nose Day Special Sets 2019 Date On NBC
- Amy Poehler’s Paper Kite Lands ‘The Great Believers’, Novel About AIDS Epidemic, With Eye On TV Series