John Legend has joined the quartet of star mentors on ABC’s upcoming music reality series Duets. He replaces Lionel Richie, who was originally tapped for the gig but has pulled out citing scheduling conflicts. Duets will feature Legend, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles and Robin Thicke as they set out across the country looking for two undiscovered singers to be their duets partners. The duets will compete for the top prize: a recording contract with Hollywood Records for the aspiring singer. The show, hosted by Quddus, is slated to premiere May 24. Legend has been active in television lately. The nine-time Grammy winner also hosted and executive produced a music special, which is in consideration for a series pickup at Showtime.
John Legend To Replace Lionel Richie On ABC's New Music Reality Series 'Duets'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- BritBox Teams Up With The BBC To Produce Anglo/German Crime Drama ‘The Mallorca Files’
- James Corden Concludes ‘The Late Late Show’s Week In London After 1M Apply For Tickets
- Paul McCartney Redefines ‘Carpool Karaoke’ With James Corden In Liverpool
- Stephen Colbert Shames Melania For “I Really Don’t Care” ‘Jacket Seen Round The World
- ‘Dear White People’ Renewed For Season 3 By Netflix
- ‘Roseanne’ Spinoff ‘The Conners’ Picked Up By ABC With No Roseanne Barr Involvement