In this futuristic thriller, when the mob wants to rub out an enemy, they dispatch their target back in time 30 or so years where a Looper — in this case Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) will take care of the job. Which presents a problem when Joe’s employers decide to close the loop and send future Joe (Bruce Willis) for assassination. Written and directed by Rian Johnson, Looper also stars Emily Blunt, Paul Dano and Jeff Daniels. The film was one of the hottest titles at the last Cannes Film Festival, where FilmDistrict bought it before it was completed. It’s also a reteam between Gordon-Levitt and Johnson, who worked together on the indie Brick. Currently slated to open September 28.
Hot Trailer: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Bruce Willis In 'Looper'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Tweet Fever Follows Weekend Bombshell White House Counsel Cooperated With Mueller For Months
John Oliver Taunts Donald Trump's "One Man Legal Improv Troupe" Rudy Giuliani Over "Truth Isn't Truth" Argument
'American Horror Story: Apocalypse': Ryan Murphy Posts First Look At 'Coven' Reunion With Stevie Nicks
'Celebrity Big Brother': Kirstie Alley Reveals She Had “Snacks” With Prince Charles At Courtney Love’s House & Stormy Daniels Explains Exit
Latest Film News
- ‘What Men Want’: Taraji P. Henson Comedy Moves To Pre-Valentine’s Weekend
- Danny Pudi Set For ‘Babysplitters’; ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Star Chris Pang Joins Osric Chau In ‘Empty By Design…
- New Line Acquires Lillian Yu Spec, Chinese-Centric Romantic Comedy ‘Singles Day’
- Sony Picks Up Horror Pitch For ‘A Quiet Place’ Producer Platinum Dunes
- The Acclaimed Fred Rogers Doc You May Not Have Heard Of: ‘It’s You I Like’ Contends For Major Emmy Honors
- A24 Takes Sebastián Lelio's Pic ‘Gloria Bell’ Prior To TIFF World Premiere