The Last King of Scotland Oscar winner and Hunger Games star will round out Scott Cooper’s Out of The Furnace, Relativity announced today. Forest Whitaker, as previously reported by Deadline, and Woody Harrelson join Christian Bale, Sam Shepard, Zoe Saldana and Casey Affleck in the Rust Belt crime drama. Whitaker will play Sheriff Wesley Barnes of the mill town of Braddock, PA. Harrelson plays local crime boss Harlan DeGroat. Out of the Furnace is the first film by Scott Cooper since 2009’s Crazy Heart. As well as directing, Cooper wrote the script based on an earlier version by Brad Ingleseby entitled The Low Dwellers. The film, which actually started principle photography today in Pennsylvania, tracks Bale as an ex-con and Affleck as his brothers as they are thrust deep into the violent criminal underworld. Relativity will distribute Out of the Furnace in the U.S. LA-based production-financing-sales company Red Granite will handle international sales in Cannes net month. Producers are Appian Way’s Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Killoran, Scott Free’s Ridley Scott, Tony Scott and Michael Costigan plus Relativity CEO Ryan Kavanaugh.
Forest Whitaker and Woody Harrelson Join ‘Out Of The Furnace’ Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Slurps $711M+ WW; 'Incredibles 2' Has Record Pixar China Bow - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- A Caution For Politically Inflamed Hollywood: Revolutions Eat Their Own
- ‘The King' Reigns Over Mixed Weekend of Openers; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Robustly: Specialty Box Office
- David Lynch: Trump Could Be “One Of The Greatest Presidents In History”
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Slurps $711M+ WW; ‘Incredibles 2’ Has Record Pixar China Bow – International Box…
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ With $150M Reps Uni’s 2nd Highest Opening Ever – Sunday
- Did Tom Holland Reveal The Title Of The ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Sequel?