BREAKING: Disney has paid mid-six figures for Ground Control To Major Tom, a romantic comedy by Butter scribe Jason Micallef that has Seth Gordon attached to direct. Butter producer Michael De Luca will produce this with Underground’s Josh McGuire and Trevor Engelson. Gordon will be exec producer. They are keeping the plot line under wraps, so it’s unclear how David Bowie will be referenced, since the title is a line from his classic song Space Oddity. Several studios chased the comedy. Gordon will next direct Identity Theft with Melissa McCarthy and Jason Bateman, with production starting Monday on the Universal comedy. WME and Underground brokered the deal.
Disney Buys Jason Micallef Spec 'Ground Control To Major Tom'
What's Hot on Deadline
Seth MacFarlane Tweets He Is "Embarrassed" To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Tells Viewers To Ignore Other News Sources
'Incredibles 2' Record $180M Beats 'Captain America: Civil War' Opening & Lifetime Totals Of 'Cars 3', 'A Bug's Life'
Donald Trump Responds To Washington Post Staff's Open Letter To Jeff Bezos, Says Strike "Would Be A Great Idea"
Latest Film News
- ‘American Gods’ Star Yetide Badaki Launches Campaign For Reimagining Of ‘Alice In Wonderland’
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $370M Overseas; ‘Incredibles 2’ Powers $52M Early Bow – International…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Jason Bateman, Jonathan Tucker, And The ‘Queen Sugar’ Cast
- Hollywood Father’s Day Celebrated With Online Celebrity Salutes To Dear Ol’ Dad
- Director James L. Brooks Tweets That “Nursing Babies” Are Being Pulled From Mothers At Border
- 'Eating Animals' Dishes Up Solid Bow; 'Won't You Be My Neighbor?' Expands Strongly; 'RBG' Hits $10M: Specialty Box Office