Fox News chairman/CEO Roger Ailes referred to CNN’s Soledad O’Brien in a speech earlier this week to North Carolina journalism students as “that girl that’s named after a prison.” MediaIte, which reported Ailes’ remark, updated its report when O’Brien Tweeted a correction: “Um. I wasn’t named after a prison. Ailes is mistaken. I was named after the Virgin Mary.” O’Brien has addressed the issue before. Her name is Maria de la Soledad Teresa O’Brien. Her father chose the name Maria de la Soledad to honor the Blessed Virgin Mary of Solitude — which in Spanish is soledad.
CNN's Soledad O'Brien To Fox's Roger Ailes: 'I Was Named After The Virgin Mary'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Rich Asians' Even Richer On Saturday With $10M+; Weekend Bling Now At $25M+ With $34M 5-Day Debut
'Meg' Munches On $300M+ & 'M:I- Fallout' Jumps Over $500M WW In Milestone-Rich Frame - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- “Truth Isn’t Truth” – ‘Meet The Press’ Exchange With Rudolph Guiliani Devolves
- NFL National Anthem Protests – No Resolution In Sight, Time Grows Short
- ‘Brady Bunch’ Home Sale – Agent Claims HGTV “Blew Buyers Out Of The Water”
- Friday Ratings: A Three-Way Tie, But Adjustments For NFL Games May Determine Winners
- Emmy Predictions: It’s The Battle Of Defending Champs As ‘Handmaids’ And ‘Thrones’ Go Once Again As Best Drama…
- Disney Channel’s Animated Della Duck Has ‘Criminal Minds’ Behind Her