Hollywood and Washington come together in director Davis Guggenheim‘s The Road We’ve Traveled, a 17-minute video for President Obama narrated by Tom Hanks. The president’s campaign committee teased the production last week, and posted it on YouTube last night. The theme: Facing a collapsing economy and overseas wars: “Not since the days of Franklin Roosevelt had so much fallen on the shoulders of one president.” Putting aside your views of the president, what do you think? Is this an effective work of political persuasion — or, as some Republicans say, a too-slick piece of propaganda that viewers will just dismiss?
Will This Tom Hanks And Davis Guggenheim Video Help President Obama?
What's Hot on Deadline
Feeling The Churn: Why Netflix Cancels Shows After A Couple Of Seasons & Why They Can't Move To New Homes
With Barack & Michelle Obama Chasing For Netflix, Warner Bros In Final Talks For Will Smith 'King Richard' Williams Tennis Sibs Deal
Despite The Tabloid Tie To Kevin Tsujihara, Actress Charlotte Kirk Wants A Chance To Be Judged By Her Onscreen Work
Latest Film News
- ‘Legends of Tomorrow’s Adam Tsekhman Joins Gary Oldman & Armie Hammer In ‘Dreamland’
- Florence Pugh In Talks For Marvel’s ‘Black Widow’ Stand-alone Movie
- Charlotte Kirk “Deeply Saddened” Over Warner Bros Chairman And CEO Kevin Tsujihara’s Exit
- ‘Full Frontal’ And ‘Russian Doll’ Producer Jax Media Launches Film Division, Taps John Hodges To…
- Netflix’s Ted Sarandos Chides Apple & Disney For Being “Very Late” To Streaming
- ‘Kill Bill’ & ‘Pulp Fiction’ Actress Uma Thurman Signs With ICM Partners