Hollywood and Washington come together in director Davis Guggenheim‘s The Road We’ve Traveled, a 17-minute video for President Obama narrated by Tom Hanks. The president’s campaign committee teased the production last week, and posted it on YouTube last night. The theme: Facing a collapsing economy and overseas wars: “Not since the days of Franklin Roosevelt had so much fallen on the shoulders of one president.” Putting aside your views of the president, what do you think? Is this an effective work of political persuasion — or, as some Republicans say, a too-slick piece of propaganda that viewers will just dismiss?
Will This Tom Hanks And Davis Guggenheim Video Help President Obama?
What's Hot on Deadline
Man Featured On Bravo Dating Show Charged With Rape, Other Felonies; Might Be "A Thousand" Other Victims, DA Says
Jake Tapper Weighs In On Donald Trump Jr.'s Anderson Cooper Meme Feud: "What To Expect From A Pig But A Grunt?"
'Stan & Ollie' Trailer: Steve Coogan & John C. Reilly Find The Drama In Comedy In Laurel & Hardy Biopic
Latest Film News
- ‘Stan & Ollie’ Trailer: Steve Coogan & John C. Reilly Find The Drama In Comedy In Laurel…
- ‘One Day At A Time’ Star Justina Machado Inks With UTA
- Walt Disney Studios Ups Ryan Stankevich and Martha Morrison To SVP Global Marketing Posts
- Cavalry Media, On Heels Of Setting Thai Cave Rescue Movie, Adds To Exec Ranks
- ‘Brian Banks’ First Look: Powerful And Inspiring New Film From Tom Shadyac To Hit Los Angeles Film Festival
- Skydance Media Taps Warner Bros Veteran Jack Horner As SVP Corporate Communications & Publicity