That’s this morning’s hot media business rumor. The companies are talking about a $200M deal to be announced Tuesday, Reuters’ blogger Felix Salmon reports. “Is it true? I don’t know, but it’s entirely plausible,” he says. The New York Times follows citing three unnamed people who say that the companies are in “advanced talks” for just such a deal — but adding that “officials at CNN denied that an announcement would be made on Tuesday.” The paper says that this could be the largest acquisition ever made to bolster CNN.com. Mashable started off specializing in news about social media and tech, but has been broadening its purview to include entertainment, business, and politics. One nice catch by The Times: Mashable’s executive editor, Adam Ostrow, indicated on Facebook that he “likes” Salmon’s story.
Will CNN Buy Social News Site Mashable?
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox News' Laura Ingraham Under Fire After Calling Detention Centers "Summer Camps" For Immigrant Children
Steve Levitan Joins Seth MacFarlane In Denouncing Fox After Controversial Laura Ingraham Detention Centers Comment
Will Ferrell To Star In Netflix Music Pic 'Eurovision' As Another A-List Comedy Star Tries A Streaming Vehicle
Latest TV News
- England’s Last-Minute Win Over Tunisia Scores Over 18M World Cup Viewers For BBC One
- Steve Levitan Joins Seth MacFarlane In Denouncing Fox After Controversial Laura Ingraham Detention Centers Comment
- Fox News’ Laura Ingraham Under Fire After Calling Detention Centers “Summer Camps” For Immigrant Children
- Millie Bobby Brown Addresses Bullying During MTV Movie & TV Awards Acceptance Speech
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Winners: ‘Black Panther’, ‘Stranger Things’ Among Top Honorees…
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Michael B. Jordan Wins For Best Villain, Says He Thought “Roseanne Had It In The Bag”