EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros is negotiating with Safe House helmer Daniel Espinosa to helm The Outsider, a gritty action film scripted by Andrew Baldwin. The protagonist is a POW in Osaka in WWII who goes to work for the Yakuza. Sons of Anarchy producers Art and John Linson are producing. Espinosa, who helmed Snabba Cash, is in high demand after making his Hollywood debut with the breakout Universal hit Safe House, which stars Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds. Espinosa is repped by UTA and Magnolia.
Warner Bros Taps 'Safe House' Helmer Daniel Espinosa For 'The Outsider'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscar Nominations: 'Roma' And 'The Favourite' Lead With 10 Each; 'Black Panther' Among Best Pic Noms
Bryan Singer Responds To Atlantic Report: "Homophobic Smear Piece Timed To Take Advantage Of 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Success"
'A Star Is Born's Sam Elliott Gets First Oscar Nomination In 50-Year Career, Jokes "It's About [Bleeping] Time"
Latest Film News
- Sue Naegle Upped To Chief Content Officer At Annapurna
- Charles Burnett To Direct Slavery-Escape Pic ‘Steal Away’ For Amazon
- ‘Marjorie Prime’ Producer Boosts Action Slate With Ethan Hawke’s ‘Tesla’ Revving
- Michael Jackson ‘Leaving Neverland’ Docu Threats Have Sundance & Police Anxious
- Danny Gabai Promoted To Head Of Vice Studios
- Michael B. Jordan’s Outlier Set In Warner Bros First Look