EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros is negotiating with Safe House helmer Daniel Espinosa to helm The Outsider, a gritty action film scripted by Andrew Baldwin. The protagonist is a POW in Osaka in WWII who goes to work for the Yakuza. Sons of Anarchy producers Art and John Linson are producing. Espinosa, who helmed Snabba Cash, is in high demand after making his Hollywood debut with the breakout Universal hit Safe House, which stars Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds. Espinosa is repped by UTA and Magnolia.
Warner Bros Taps 'Safe House' Helmer Daniel Espinosa For 'The Outsider'
What's Hot on Deadline
Lee Daniels Lets Loose On "Pain & Anger" That 'Empire' Team Feels Over Jussie Smollett's Alleged Fake Hate Crime
'Hustlers': Cardi B, Lili Reinhart, Keke Palmer & Julia Stiles Join Constance Wu & Jennifer Lopez In Avenging Strippers Pic
Disney's Bob Iger Hails "A Historic Day For Our Company" Following Fox Deal Close, Stresses Challenges Of Merging The Units
Disney-Fox: Relief, Gamesmanship, Anxiety, Layoffs Timeline & No Disneyland Perks On Day 1 Of Mega Company
Latest Film News
- UTA’s Jeremy Zimmer Warns That Actors And Directors Also Will Be Impacted If Agents Stop Packaging
- WGA Deputizes Managers And Lawyers To “Fill The Gap” If Agents Are Fired En Masse
- Netflix’s Lisa Nishimura Moves To Film Group; Brandon Riegg Gets Comedy Oversight In Restructuring
- AGBO Wins JJ Braider Thriller Spec ‘All Fun And Games’
- Good Neighbors Media Acquires Rights To YA Novel 'The Naming Girl', Jennifer Phang To Direct
- 20th Century Fox And The Oscars: A Storied Studio And Its Legacy At The Academy Awards