EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros is negotiating with Safe House helmer Daniel Espinosa to helm The Outsider, a gritty action film scripted by Andrew Baldwin. The protagonist is a POW in Osaka in WWII who goes to work for the Yakuza. Sons of Anarchy producers Art and John Linson are producing. Espinosa, who helmed Snabba Cash, is in high demand after making his Hollywood debut with the breakout Universal hit Safe House, which stars Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds. Espinosa is repped by UTA and Magnolia.
Warner Bros Taps 'Safe House' Helmer Daniel Espinosa For 'The Outsider'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mark Steines Sues Hallmark Channel Owner Over 'Home & Family' Exit; Crown Media Says "No Merit" To Claims - Update
Allison Janney To Play Attorney Susan Estrich In Annapurna's Movie About The Roger Ailes Fox News Harassment Scandal
'Birds Of Prey' Actresses In The Mix: Sofia Boutella, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Justina Machado, Gugu Mbatha-Raw & More
Latest Film News
- Woody Harrelson's ‘Lost in London’ To Be Handed Production Guild of Great Britain Award
- Jenna Laurenzo’s Comedy ‘Lez Bomb’ Acquired By Gravitas Ventures For November Bow
- IFC Midnight Acquires Thriller ‘Rust Creek’ Starring Hermione Corfield
- ‘Birds Of Prey’ Actresses In The Mix: Sofia Boutella, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Justina Machado, Gugu Mbatha-Raw…
- ‘Polar’: Deadmau5 Looks The Part For Scoring Jonas Akerlund’s Dark Horse Comics Adaptation
- Marion “Suge” Knight Cops Manslaughter Plea, Faces 28 Years In Prison