EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros is negotiating with Safe House helmer Daniel Espinosa to helm The Outsider, a gritty action film scripted by Andrew Baldwin. The protagonist is a POW in Osaka in WWII who goes to work for the Yakuza. Sons of Anarchy producers Art and John Linson are producing. Espinosa, who helmed Snabba Cash, is in high demand after making his Hollywood debut with the breakout Universal hit Safe House, which stars Denzel Washington and Ryan Reynolds. Espinosa is repped by UTA and Magnolia.
Warner Bros Taps 'Safe House' Helmer Daniel Espinosa For 'The Outsider'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood & Beltway On Summit: Schwarzenegger Calls Donald Trump "Little Wet Noodle, Little Fan Boy" - Update
Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Treats Vladimir Putin Like 12 Year-Old Meeting Mickey Mouse At Helsinki Summit
Latest Film News
- ‘Dynasty’s Sam Adegoke, Frances Fisher Star in Rosario Dawson-Produced Indie ‘8000 Shots’
- Netflix Stock Falls Out Of Bed As Wall Street Debates Q2 Takeaways
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Trailer: Another Galileo Galileo As Queen Pic Peeks Behind Curtain; AIDS Diagnosis Suggested
- Yvonne Blake Dies: ‘Superman’ & ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ Costume Designer Was 78
- Troika Taps Matimba Kabalika As Talent Development Exec To Incubate Content
- Ron Burkle’s Yucaipa Sues Lantern For Fraud Over Weinstein Co. Sale Deal