EXCLUSIVE: Scott Bakula is set as the lead of NBC’ multicamera comedy pilot Table For Three (form. Daddy’s Girls). The project, written by Dana Klein and directed by Pam Fryman, centers on Pen (Christine Woods), a responsible, guarded, brilliant but emotionally challenged Harvard Medical School graduate who just returned from a stint with Doctors Without Borders to discover that her beloved dentist dad, Robert (Bakula), has become engaged to Pen’s high school classmate Holly (Nicky Whelan) – a 29-year-old bubbly blonde who happens to be the “mean girl” in high school. 20th Century Fox TV is producing, with Klein and Aaron Kaplan executive producing. For Bakula, Daddy’s Girls comes on the heels of a two-season run as one of the leads of the acclaimed TNT dramedy Men Of A Certain Age. He is the second of Men‘s 3 stars to book the lead of a broadcast pilot, along with Andre Braugher, set to star in the ABC drama Last Resort. Table For Three also reunites Bakula with NBC where he starred on Quantum Leap and recurred on Chuck. ICM-repped Bakula is next doing a major arc in the final 5 episodes of ABC’s Desperate Housewives.
Scott Bakula To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot 'Table For Three'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Emily Mortimer Signs With UTA
- ‘Schitt’s Creek’ Eugene Levy & Catherine O’Hara On Scorsese’s ‘SCTV’ Doc, & How ‘We Don't Consider Ourselves Comedians…
- HBO Brings The Sizzle To Meeting With The New WarnerMedia Boss
- Universal TV Ups Kiersten Robinson To SVP Current Programming
- 'Altered Carbon' Sound Editor Brett Hinton On Sonic Clues Taken From Richard K. Morgan's Sci-Fi Novel
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Ratings Rise In Monday Debut