There was a slew of ratings declines on the second night of daylight savings time. The clock change was probably at least partially responsible for The Voice‘s (5.1/14) 18% ratings drop from last week to a season low as in both cases the NBC series faced CBS reruns. But it can’t be blamed for the finale of ABC’s The Bachelor (2.9/8) falling 36% from last year to its lowest-rated closer ever — the reality series’ finale last year also aired on the second night of daylight savings time. The losses should probably be pinned on The Voice as new competition for The Bachelor from 8-10 PM. At 10 PM, The Bachelor: After The Rose special (3.3/8) also was down sharply from last year, by 30%. It aired against NBC’s Smash (2.4/6), which gave up the ratings gains from last week, down 11% to its ratings levels from two weeks ago. After a House repeat, a new Alcatraz (1.6/4) was down 11% from last week when Fox aired back-to-back originals of the midseason time-travel drama.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'The Bachelor' Hits Finale Low Amidst Declines And Reruns
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Tells Media Who Melania’s Mean Jacket Message Targeted: Them
- TV Talk Podcast: Emmy Voters, Here Are The Hot Races We’re Talking About
- ‘The Good Doctor’: Lisa Edelstein To Recur On Season 2, Sets ‘House’ Reunion
- Johnny Depp’s $650M Film Fortune “Almost All Gone”, New Rolling Stone Exposé Says
- Steven S. DeKnight Inks Overall Deal With Netflix
- VFX Supervisor Everett Burrell Brings AIs, Soaring Megalopolis & Real-World Science To ‘Altered Carbon’