Bindlestiffs will be the first film released user the company’s “Kevin Smith’s SModcast Pictures Presents” banner. The deal for director Andrew Edison’s high school comedy includes U.S. and Canadian rights. Edison wrote the screenplay with Luke Loftin, and the two also produced and star in the film with Mike Akel and Matt Patterson. It centers on three smart-mouthed high school virgins who are suspended from school for graffiti and flee to the inner city to live out the plot of The Catcher In The Rye. Phase 4 will release the film in June in conjunction with a theatrical tour and Q&As with Smith and the filmmakers. The tour is part of a deal announced at this year’s Sundance Film Festival in which Smith and Phase 4 will exhibit and distribute up to 12 films per year under Smith’s SModcast label. Four titles will open theatrically with Smith doing a live tour in support of the films. Larry Greenberg of Phase 4 negotiated the deal with Katharyn Howe with WME Global and Caliber Media on behalf of the filmmakers. Phase 4 will open the film in June. Smith and Phase 4 will be at SXSW this weekend hunting for films for the label.
Phase 4 And Kevin Smith's SModcast Banner Take Rights To 'Bindlestiffs'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…
- ‘Child’s Play’ Series May Be Headed To TV After Creator Twitter Tease
- Johnny Depp Loses Bid To Delay $25M Fraud Trial On Heels Of Train Wreck Rolling Stone Profile
- ‘Scorpion’ Actress Jadyn Wong Joins ‘Needle In A Timestack’; Raymond J. Barry Cast In ‘Made In Chinatown…
- Peter Bart: New Irish Mind-Set Triggers Upswing In Dublin Economy, And Revolution In Its Pop Culture
- Netflix Fired Comms Chief Jonathan Friedland Over His Use Of The N-Word