NBC will launch NBC Kids, a new Saturday morning block programmed by preschool service Sprout. Launching July 7, it will replace the current Qubo block, which has been airing on Saturday mornings for the past six years. NBCUniversal has ownership in Sprout via Comcast, which is a partner in the venture alongside PBS, Sesame Workshop and Apax Funds. NBC used to program its Saturday morning kids block until 2002 when, amidst decline in kids advertising, it got out of the business and brought in Discovery Kids to program the block for four years.
NBC Launches Preschool Saturday Block Programmed By Sprout
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
'Alita' Adds $56M Overseas; 'The Wandering Earth' Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Fox's ‘Gordon Ramsay's 24 Hours To Hell And Back’ Cooks Up Russian Remake
- Colin Farrell To Star In See-Saw Films’ Arctic Whaling Drama ‘The North Water’ For BBC
- Hulu’s ‘Fyre Fraud’ Doc Set To Go Global After eOne Secures International Rights
- Joan & Jackie Collins’ Life Story To Be Turned Into TV Series By ‘Stan & Ollie’ Producer…
- Juno Temple-Fronted Period Drama ‘Little Birds’ & Sci-Fi Drama ‘Intergalactic’ Lead Sky…
- UK Pay-TV Giant Sky Promotes Cameron Roach To Head Of Drama Following Anne Mensah’s Exit