EXCLUSIVE: Melissa Leo has been set for Oblivion, the Joseph Kosinski-directed futuristic Universal Pictures thriller that stars Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Andrea Riseborough and Olga Kurylenko. Production just got underway in Baton Rouge. Leo, who won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for The Fighter, will next be seen in the Robert Zemeckis-directed Denzel Washington-starrer Flight, and she’s currently shooting the third season of HBO’s Treme. Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark are producing Oblivion with Barry Levine and Kosinski. Michael Arndt rewrote drafts by William Monahan and Karl Gajdusek. Leo’s repped by CAA and Untitled.
Melissa Leo Joins Tom Cruise Pic 'Oblivion'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jordan Peele's 'Us' $68M+ Opening Reps Record For Original Horror Pic, Shushing 'A Quiet Place' - Update
Latest Film News
- Almost 800 Writers Sign Statement Vowing To Fire Agents If WGA Gives Order
- Barbra Streisand Blasted For Michael Jackson Defense On ‘Leaving Neverland’ Allegations
- European Premiere Of Bill Wyman Feature Doc ‘The Quiet One’ Pulled From Sheffield Doc/Fest
- Oscar-Winning Southern Poverty Law Center Losing Another Top Executive
- Sony Pictures, Davis Entertainment Win Auction For Action Pitch ‘Booker’
- WGA & ATA To Meet Tuesday: Still No Compromise On Key Issues But Sides Have Had Some Meaningful Dialogue