EXCLUSIVE: Melissa Leo has been set for Oblivion, the Joseph Kosinski-directed futuristic Universal Pictures thriller that stars Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Andrea Riseborough and Olga Kurylenko. Production just got underway in Baton Rouge. Leo, who won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for The Fighter, will next be seen in the Robert Zemeckis-directed Denzel Washington-starrer Flight, and she’s currently shooting the third season of HBO’s Treme. Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark are producing Oblivion with Barry Levine and Kosinski. Michael Arndt rewrote drafts by William Monahan and Karl Gajdusek. Leo’s repped by CAA and Untitled.
Melissa Leo Joins Tom Cruise Pic 'Oblivion'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Veronica Mars' Revival: Kristen Bell Gives Sneak Peek From Set, Rob Thomas Posts First Photo Of Cast
'RuPaul's Drag Race Holi-Slay Spectacular' Trailer: The Queens Return For Some Yuletide Cheer...And Shade
Oscars: Governors Awards Brings Out Honorees And Hopefuls In Star-Filled Evening Hijacked By Clint Eastwood(!)
Latest Film News
- Witold Sobocinski Dies: Cinematographer On Films By Polanski, Wajda & Others Was 89
- ‘I Am Paul Walker’ Trailer: Extended Cut Of Docu Explores Life Of Actor On Fifth Anniversary Of His Death
- ‘The Boy 2’ Adds Christopher Convery To Cast After Strong AFM
- Ari'el Stachel Joins ‘Zola’;’ Dirk Gently’s Fiona Dourif Cast In ‘Unsinkable’
- The Art Of Craft: Production Designer Inbal Weinberg Unveils Designs From ‘Suspiria’s Academy Of Witches
- Lili Taylor Replaces Cynthia Nixon In ‘The Evening Hour’ Indie Drama