EXCLUSIVE: Melissa Leo has been set for Oblivion, the Joseph Kosinski-directed futuristic Universal Pictures thriller that stars Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman, Andrea Riseborough and Olga Kurylenko. Production just got underway in Baton Rouge. Leo, who won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for The Fighter, will next be seen in the Robert Zemeckis-directed Denzel Washington-starrer Flight, and she’s currently shooting the third season of HBO’s Treme. Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark are producing Oblivion with Barry Levine and Kosinski. Michael Arndt rewrote drafts by William Monahan and Karl Gajdusek. Leo’s repped by CAA and Untitled.
Melissa Leo Joins Tom Cruise Pic 'Oblivion'
What's Hot on Deadline
Endeavor Eyes More Content Acquisitions As CEO Ari Emanuel Opens Up About Conflict Of Interest & Saudi Arabia Investment - Mipcom
Patrick Wilson & Vera Farmiga To Reprise 'Conjuring' Roles As The Warrens In Third 'Annabelle' Movie
"Tiny" Trump Attacks "Total Con" Stormy Daniels; POTUS "Disgusting Misogynist," Says Michael Avenatti In Reply Over Suit
Latest Film News
- Netflix Would Like Hollywood To Know It’s A Star Factory
- Brendan Gleeson, Ariyon Bakare Join ‘A Family Vacation’
- ‘Cats’: Idris Elba Boarding Universal-Working Title Movie As Macavity
- Netflix Awards Contender ‘Roma’ To Play 100 Screens Worldwide & Stream Simultaneously
- Netflix Adds 7 Million Subscribers, Beats Estimates, Sends Stock Soaring 12%
- Javier Gullón Sells Sci-Fi Short Stories To Kroll & Co. And Legendary TV