I’ve learned that Brothers & Sisters alum Matthew Rhys has landed the male lead opposite Keri Russell in FX‘s period drama pilot The Americans. Created/executive by Joe Weisberg, executive produced by Graham Yost and directed by Gavin O’Connor, the project centers on two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington, DC in the early 1980s. The arranged marriage of Phillip Jennings (Rhys) and Elizabeth Jennings (Russell) grows more passionate and genuine by the day but is constantly tested by the escalation of the Cold War and the intimate, dangerous and darkly funny relationships they must maintain with a network of spies and informants under their control. The Americans is produced by Fox TV Studios and FX Prods. DreamWorks TV’s Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey are also executive producing. Reps for FX could not be reached for comment Friday night. Brit Rhys is with WME, Management 360 and UK’s United Agents.
Matthew Rhys To Star Opposite Keri Russell In FX Pilot 'The Americans'
What's Hot on Deadline
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Sony Pictures Classics Calls Peter Fonda Tweet "Abhorrent" But Will Open 'Boundaries' As Scheduled - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘The ABC Murders’: First-Look At John Malkovich As Hercule Poirot As BBC/Amazon Drama Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix Acquires Korean Drama Series ‘Mr. Sunshine’ For July Premiere
- Samantha Bee Revisits Trump’s Family Separation “Policy Not A Policy”
- Fox News Throws Jabs At Other Networks For Not Airing Trump Rally
- Seth Meyers Blasts Corey Lewandowski: “I Thought When You Showed A D*ck On TV You Had To Blur It”
- As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC – A Long-Term One