EXCLUSIVE: The CW and Warner Bros TV kept the search for the male lead in their buzzed-about new pilot Cult in-house. Matt Davis, co-star of the hit CW/WBTV series The Vampire Diaries, is set to star opposite Jessica Lucas in the pilot, which WBTV co-produces with Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage’s Fake Empire. Written by Rockne O’Bannon, Cult centers on Skye (Lucas), an inquisitive young production assistant on a wildly popular television show called Cult. After a rash of disappearances and a likely murder, she joins Jeff (Davis), a journalist blogger whose brother was among those gone missing, in investigating the rabid fans of the series who might be re-creating crimes seen on the program in real life. In addition to starring in Cult, Davis will be available to make guest appearances in future seasons of Vampire Diaries, where he plays high school history teacher/vampire hunter Alaric Saltzman, though he will no longer be a regular. He is with Gersh and Brillstein Entertainment.
'Vampire Diaries' Co-Star Matt Davis Cast As The Male Lead In CW Drama Pilot 'Cult'
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher Doubles Down On Anti-Trump Recession Wish
- Notes On The Season: Will ‘The Conners’ Revival Help Emmy Chances For ‘Roseanne’?; ‘Sharknado’ Goes For Gold; Carol Burnett Looks…
- ‘Dynasty’: Lead Cast Member Not Returning For Season 2 Of the CW Series
- ‘Child’s Play’ Series May Be Headed To TV After Creator Twitter Tease
- Tom Arnold Games Nicolle Wallace, Poppy Harlow While Plugging Michael Cohen Meeting For Donald Trump Tapes Show
- Bill Cosby Former Attorney: His Conviction “A Travesty Of Justice”