Kathy Bates already took over a role written for a man once when she was cast as the lead on David E. Kelley’s NBC dramedy Harry’s Law. Now she will portray the ghost of a man on another series. The Oscar winner is set to guest star on the CBS comedy Two And A Half Men, playing the ghost of former star Charlie Sheen’s character Charlie Harper. In an episode slated to air April 30, Alan (Jon Cryer) suffers a minor heart attack, and the ghost of his brother Charlie (Bates) will pay a visit to his hospital bedside. I think it is safe to assume that Sheen was not in the running for the part. Both Harry’s Law and 2.5 Men are produced by Warner Bros. TV.
Kathy Bates To Play The Ghost Of Charlie Harper On CBS' 'Two And A Half Men'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Spider-Verse' Catching $37M+, 'The Mule' Carrying Near $18M, 'Mortal Engines' Fails To Start With $7M+
'SNL': Alec Baldwin, Ben Stiller, Matt Damon & Robert De Niro Celebrate The Holidays With 'It's A Wonderful Trump'
Latest TV News
- Pete Davidson Shows Christmas Spirit In Brief ‘SNL’ Appearance After Disturbing Post
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Holds Oscar Host Auditions Following Kevin Hart’s Exit
- ‘SNL’: Alec Baldwin, Ben Stiller, Matt Damon & Robert De Niro Celebrate The Holidays With ‘It’s A Wonderful Trump…
- Michael Weatherly’s Former ‘NCIS’ Co-Stars Defend Him After Eliza Dushku’s Sexual Harassment Claims
- Pete Davidson Accounted For After Disturbing Post; ‘SNL’ Cast Member Deletes Instagram
- Academy Award Trophy For ‘Gentleman’s Agreement’ Sells For Nearly $500K