EXCLUSIVE: Tom Cruise is talking to Clint Eastwood about joining Beyonce in A Star Is Born, the Warner Bros remake. This comes after Cruise morphed into an Axl Rose-like 80s rock icon in Rock of Ages, so he’d be able to handle the singing part of that comes with playing an over the hill musician who helps launch the star of an ingenue he falls in love with and who watches him slide while her star soars. We have no idea if Cruise will say yes, or if the schedules will mesh since he’s just beginning shooting on the Joseph Kosinski-directed Oblivion, followed by the Doug Liman-directed All You Need Is Kill Are for Warner Bros. The film has drawn the interest of top talent, but it has taken a long time. Some of that had to do with Beyonce’s pregnancy, but she’s ready to shoot as soon as June. The studio at various times has discussed everyone from Will Smith to Christian Bale, Eminem and Russell Crowe, and the addition of Eastwood makes the whole thing more attractive. Deadline revealed that Cruise might take on Rock of Ages at an early stage, so who knows?
Is Tom Cruise Heading For Another Rock Star Turn In 'A Star Is Born?'
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $145M+ Opening – Early Saturday AM Update
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…
- ‘Child’s Play’ Series May Be Headed To TV After Creator Twitter Tease
- Johnny Depp Loses Bid To Delay $25M Fraud Trial On Heels Of Train Wreck Rolling Stone Profile
- ‘Scorpion’ Actress Jadyn Wong Joins ‘Needle In A Timestack’; Raymond J. Barry Cast In ‘Made In Chinatown…
- Peter Bart: New Irish Mind-Set Triggers Upswing In Dublin Economy, And Revolution In Its Pop Culture