Celebrated Italian director Nanni Moretti (The Son’s Room) divided audiences in Cannes last year with his latest, We Have A Pope (Habemus Papam). Starring French actor Michel Piccoli (Contempt) the feature centers on a cardinal who is elected as the next Pope. Wary of the spotlight and completely caught off guard, he panics as he’s presented to the faithful in St. Peter’s Square and withdraws physically and emotionally. To prevent a worldwide crisis, the Vatican calls in an unlikely psychiatrist who is neither religious or all that committed, played by Moretti, to find out what is wrong with the new pontiff. The film opens April 6th in the U.S.
Hot Trailer: Nanni Moretti's 'We Have A Pope'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- BFI London Film Festival Sets First Non-London Premiere With ‘Peterloo’ In Manchester
- Music Documentary ‘Echo In The Canyon’ Set As LA Film Festival Opener
- Melissa Bolona To Star In ‘Murder At The Mansion’; Max Adler Cast In ‘Hot Water’
- Music Box Films Acquires ‘Transit’; Grasshopper Film Lands ‘Distant Constellation’
- Tyler Hoechlin Joins Alexandra Daddario Romantic Comedy ‘Can You Keep A Secret?’
- Darren Aronofsky’s Three-Part VR Series ‘Spheres’ To Premiere At Venice Film Festival; Millie Bobby Brown Narrates Final…