Graham King’s GK Films has acquired film rights to 5th Wave, a young adult sci-fi suspense thriller with a love story at its center. When the human race is on the verge of extinction, one of the last survivors on Earth, an extraordinary young woman, goes on a mission to track down her younger brother who was abducted by the extra-terrestial creatures colonizing the planet. She is forced to align herself with a young man who holds a secret. Together they are they only ones to save mankind. The novel’s by Rick Yancy. Novel was sold as a partial to Putnam, which just sold German rights. King and Tim Headington will produce with Tobey Maguire. I expect Sony to become the distributor on the project, though they say that hasn’t happened yet.
GK Snags Alien Invasion Novel '5th Wave'
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Items To Be Displayed At Smithsonian African-American Museum
- Johnny Depp’s $650M Film Fortune “Almost All Gone”, New Rolling Stone Exposé Says
- David Ayer Sets Gritty LA Crime Thriller ‘Tax Collector;’ Shia LaBeouf, Bobby Soto Star
- WGA West Board Elections: 15 Candidates Will Vie For Eight Seats
- Scoot McNairy Joins Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’
- Imagine Buys Zach Dean Pitch ‘Canary’ As Ron Howard Directing Vehicle