Ben Affleck‘s reps have been cagey about this one for the past month because he’s in the middle of so many acting and directing possibilities. But Warner Bros confirms Affleck is now in talks to replace Tom Cruise in the Dan Fogelman-scripted Nathan Decker, about a disgraced politician whose career is undone by an affair and who comes home to confront his own past. Despite the confirmation, I’m told reliably that Affleck won’t make a deal until he sees a rewrite that will determine whether or not he’ll star in the film.
Ben Affleck Circling 'Nathan Decker'?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Manifest' Off To Strong Ratings Start, 'Magnum P.I.' Modest, 'The Good Doctor' Ties Series Low As New TV Season Starts
Latest Film News
- Cinedigm CEO Chris McGurk Offers New Details About OTT Streaming Service Bambu
- Austin Film Festival’s 25th Anniversary Lineup Set; ‘Donnybrook’ Among Fantastic Fest Winners; Screamfest Gets Help From Lin…
- Donald Trump To Appoint MPAA Chief Charles Rivkin To Key U.S. Advisory Panel On Trade
- New Line In Lead To Catch ‘Train To Busan’ Remake; Gary Dauberman Scripting, James Wan Producing Zombie Thriller…
- ‘American Dreamer’ L.A. Film Festival Clip: Don’t Make Jim Gaffigan Pull This Car Over
- Sam Raimi Brands Katzenberg’s NewTV Series ’50 States Of Fear’