I’ve learned that ABC Family is finalizing a deal for a second-season renewal of drama The Lying Game. After a shaky start last summer, the show, based on Alloy’s series books, clinched a 12-episode order in September. In Season 1A, Lying Game has done OK, ranking as the No. 3 scripted cable series in January behind ABC Family hits Pretty Little Liars and Switched At Birth. As a sign of the pending renewal, actors from the Warner Horizon/Alloy-produced Lying Game have been invited to ABC Family’s upfront event in New York on Monday.
ABC Family Nears Renewal Of 'Lying Game'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Rich Asians' Even Richer On Saturday With $10M; Weekend Bling Now At $24M+ With $33M+ 5-Day Debut
Latest TV News
- Friday Ratings: A Three-Way Tie, But Adjustments For NFL Games May Determine Winners
- Emmy Predictions: It’s The Battle Of Defending Champs As ‘Handmaids’ And ‘Thrones’ Go Once Again As Best Drama…
- Disney Channel’s Animated Della Duck Has ‘Criminal Minds’ Behind Her
- Emmy Predictions: A Fresh Outcome Is Guaranteed As Newcomers And Perennial Bridesmaids Battle For Comedy Series Gold
- Stevie Wonder Remembers His Final Words To A Dying Aretha Franklin
- Bill Maher On Trump’s Aretha Tribute: President Can’t Say RIP Without Lying