The video is not from Ridley Scott’s Prometheus but was conceived by Scott and Damon Lindelof to be shown at the TED conference running now in Long Beach. Luke Scott directed the elaborate bit, which shows Guy Pearce’s character Peter Weyland addressing the annual thinkers confab in the “year of our Lord 2023.” There’s even a website for Weyland Industries. It’s a cool idea to introduce some of the film’s mythology without actually showing the film. Fox’s actual Prometheus pic is set for a June 8, 2012 release.
VIDEO: Ridley Scott's 'Prometheus' Hits The Lecture Circuit In Clever Promo
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
Latest Film News
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Takes Top Film Honor At Cinema Audio Society Awards
- ‘Vice’, ‘Mrs. Maisel’ Among Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards Winners
- Dwayne Johnson Wraps ‘Most Challenging Film’ Ever – ‘Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw…
- Bette Midler to Perform Song From ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ At Oscars
- ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ Puts The Mass Incarceration Issue On The Big Screen – Guest Column
- Berlin Film Festival 2019 Winners: Nadav Lapid’s ‘Synonyms’ Takes Golden Bear; Full List Of Winners