The Film Group has secured exclusive nationwide rights to Ask Around Productions’ urban “un-romantic comedy” Exit Strategy. Starring Jameel Saleem, Kimelia Weathers, Quincy “QDeezy” Harris, with Big Boy (Entourage) and Kevin Hart (40 Year Old Virgin), the film centers on James (Saleem) who gets evicted from his apartment and moves in with his new girlfriend (Weathers) and discovers she’s everything he never wanted in a woman. He enlists best friends Carville (Harris), Leona (Balfour) and strangers played by Big Boy and Kevin Hart to craft a way out. Level 33 Entertainment negotiated the deal on behalf of Ask Around Entertainment (the distribution arm of Ask Around Productions) which produced the film with The Film Group on behalf of Rave Cinemas and Bow Tie Cinemas. Rave and Bow Tie will open the film at locations around the country beginning March 9th. Michael Whitton directed Exit Strategy from a screenplay by Jameel Saleem. Nationally-syndicated morning radio host Big Boy executive produced and helped finance through his company Ida’s Son Productions in association with Ask Around Productions. The company’s head Kellie Maltagliati produced with Quincy “QDeezy” Harris, an on-air personality at Philadelphia’s Radio One WPHI.
Urban Comedy 'Exit Strategy' Set For US Release With The Film Group
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
Latest Film News
- Writers Guild Awards Live Blog: Follow The Ceremonies On Both Coasts
- ‘Alita’ Adds $56M Overseas; ‘The Wandering Earth’ Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China – International…
- Writers Guild Awards 2019 Winners List – Updating Live
- The Film Academy’s Annual Report Shows Assets Way Up, But Bond Proceeds Going Fast
- James Dahl Dies: Filmmaker For ‘The End Of The Tour’ Was 40
- 50 Cent Threatened By NYPD Commander: “Shoot Him On Sight”