It’s amazing how much TV viewers care about a little show of nipple. At least that seems to explain why Jennifer Lopez’s joint appearance with Cameron Diaz to present the award for Best Costume Design and Makeup was the most-viewed moment among TiVo DVR users who watched last night’s Oscars live or up to 12 hours after it aired. Their appearance had 14.1% more viewings than the average for the rest of the show, TiVo says based on data from 300,000 of its customers. The company counts the number of times a moment is played or re-played — so it could be inflated by multiple viewings on a few TV sets. Messages indicating that Lopez’s dress revealed more than viewers commonly see in primetime spread through Twitter and other social networks immediately after her appearance. The second-most-watched moment, at 13.5% above average, came nearly an hour later when Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow presented the award for Best Documentary. Meryl Streep’s victory as Best Actress was close behind, with 13.3% more viewings than average. As for the least-watched moments, they were the acceptance speeches for Sound Mixing (9.8% below average), Original Score (-8.2%), and Visual Effects (-7.3%).
TiVo: Jennifer Lopez Starred In Oscar Night's Most-Viewed TV Moment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald' Eases Loot To $63M+ Opening; Awards Season Fare Struggles
'Last Man Standing', 'Blue Bloods' Lead Friday Ratings; ABC Duo & 'Midnight, Texas' Hit Season Highs
Latest Film News
- Constance Wu: 'Crazy Rich Asians' Sequel Must Wait; She’s Not Yet Attached To Jennifer Lopez Film
- Lana Condor On Possible 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' Sequel: “The Whole Cast Would Love To Do It"
- ‘Vice’ Enters The Oscar Race, Wins Praise For Christian Bale’s Dick Cheney, Amy Adams And Adam McKay At…
- Disney Unveils ‘Galaxy’s Edge’ Teasers, Including New John Williams Music, Ride Previews
- YouTube Now Streams Ad-Supported Movies Including ‘Legally Blonde’, ‘Rocky’
- Ira Sachs Drama ‘A Family Vacation’ Starring Isabelle Huppert Gets New Title, Release Date