EXCLUSIVE: The Vampire Diaries alum Taylor Kinney has landed a lead role in the NBC firefighter drama pilot Chicago Fire, from Wolf Films and Universal TV. In the action-driven drama about the complex and heroic men and women of the Chicago Fire Department, Kinney will play adrenaline-junkie Squad Lieutenant Kelly Severide, the leader of the elite firefighters who respond to the most dangerous fires or rescue operations. Kinney, who is getting a lot of media attention at the moment for dating pop star Lady Gaga, joins recently cast Eamonn Walker, who plays the captain of the squad. Michael Brandt and Derek Haas wrote the pilot, which is being directed by Jeffrey Nachmanoff. Dick Wolf, Brandt, Haas, Peter Jankowski and Danielle Gelber executive produce. This marks Kinney’s return to NBC and Universal TV after co-starring in the 2009 medical drama series Trauma. He is with Gersh and Principal Entertainment.
Taylor Kinney To Star In Dick Wolf-Produced NBC Firefighter Drama Pilot 'Chicago Fire'
What's Hot on Deadline
Steve Levitan Revises Statement That He Won't Renew 20th TV Deal Over Fox News Ties, Says He May Reunite With Fox Execs
Fox News' Laura Ingraham Under Fire After Calling Detention Centers "Summer Camps" For Immigrant Children
Steve Levitan Joins Seth MacFarlane In Denouncing Fox After Controversial Laura Ingraham Detention Centers Comment
Latest TV News
- Stephen King & J.J. Abrams’ ‘Castle Rock’ Sets Comic-Con World Premiere + More
- Fran Drescher Teases ‘The Nanny’ Revival: “We’re Talking About It”
- ‘Fresh Off The Boat’ Author Eddie Huang Teams With Propagate On Food-Focused Immigrant Series
- Netflix Goes ‘Inside The World’s Toughest Prisons’ With Latest Factual Original
- Fox News Defends Laura Ingraham Against David Hogg’s “Agenda-Driven Intimidation” – Update
- Korean Titles & Formats Will Come To U.S. in Deal Between KBS America And U.S. Producers