Starring Lukas Haas and Madeline Zima, Crazy Eyes will have its world premiere at the SXSW Film Festival next week. The contemporary noir drama directed by Adam Sherman follows the story of Zach (Haas), whose obsession for a girl he calls Crazy Eyes (Zima) drives him to the brink — as his hard-partying lifestyle conflicts with his familial responsibilities. Strand Releasing’s Jon Gerrans negotiated the deal with attorney Irwin Rappaport for the feature and plans an early summer release. Strand distributed Sherman’s Happiness Runs in 2009. Hagai Shaham, whose latest credits include The Details starring Tobey Maguire, produced Crazy Eyes with Hulu’s Battleground.
Strand Releasing Takes U.S. Rights To 'Crazy Eyes': SXSW
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest Film News
- Dwayne Johnson Wraps ‘Most Challenging Film’ Ever – ‘Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw…
- Bette Midler to Perform Song From ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ At Oscars
- ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ Puts The Mass Incarceration Issue On The Big Screen – Guest Column
- Berlin Film Festival 2019 Winners: Nadav Lapid’s ‘Synonyms’ Takes Golden Bear; Full List Of Winners
- Bruno Ganz Dies: Swiss Actor In ‘Downfall’ Was 77
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78