Starring Lukas Haas and Madeline Zima, Crazy Eyes will have its world premiere at the SXSW Film Festival next week. The contemporary noir drama directed by Adam Sherman follows the story of Zach (Haas), whose obsession for a girl he calls Crazy Eyes (Zima) drives him to the brink — as his hard-partying lifestyle conflicts with his familial responsibilities. Strand Releasing’s Jon Gerrans negotiated the deal with attorney Irwin Rappaport for the feature and plans an early summer release. Strand distributed Sherman’s Happiness Runs in 2009. Hagai Shaham, whose latest credits include The Details starring Tobey Maguire, produced Crazy Eyes with Hulu’s Battleground.
Strand Releasing Takes U.S. Rights To 'Crazy Eyes': SXSW
What's Hot on Deadline
Imagine Sets Lin-Manuel Miranda's Helming Debut: 'Rent' Creator Jonathan Larson's 'Tick, Tick...Boom!'; 'Evan Hansen's Steven Levenson Scripting
'Code Black': Creator Michael Seitzman On Emotional Series Finale, His Idea For Season 4 & Hopes For Finding New Home
Disney-Fox: Post-Merger Executive Speculation Heats Up With Focus On Peter Rice & Dana Walden As Comcast Exits
Latest Film News
- As Comcast Looks To Sky, Will Disney Keep Up The Fight?
- Akiva Goldsman Returns To CAA
- Screen Gems Nabs ‘Superfecundation’ Script From Savion Einstein
- Daveed Diggs, Rafael Casal Go 'Blindspotting'; Bleecker Street Opens 'McQueen' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Miles Davis: Birth Of The Cool’ Doc Tunes Up From Eagle Rock Entertainment & American Masters
- Makeready Sets ‘Queen & Slim’; Daniel Kaluuya Stars, Melina Matsoukas Directs Lena Waithe Script