Weekend box office for Universal’s Safe House turned out to be $40.2 million when actual figures came in today. Three-day estimates from Sunday proved a tad conservative at $39.3 million. Along with the $41.2 million actuals Sony reported today for The Vow, that means two movies posted openings higher than $40 million on the same weekend — the first time that has ever happened in the months of January and February.
'Safe House,' 'The Vow' Make B.O. History With $40M+ Weekend Each
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Asks Whether Donald Trump's 'SNL' Tweet Is "A Threat To My Safety And That Of My Family?"
'Alita' Adds $56M Overseas; 'The Wandering Earth' Becomes #2 Movie Ever In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Emma Thompson Leaves Skydance Animation’s ‘Luck’ Over John Lasseter Hire
- Taylor Schilling Signs With WME
- Ryan Coogler & MACRO Set Black Panthers Pic With Warner Bros; Daniel Kaluuya & Lakeith Stanfield In Talks To Star
- ‘Descendent’ First Look: AfterShock Comics Series Digs Into ‘National Treasure’ Turf
- ‘The Souvenir’ Trailer: Sundance Grand Jury Prize Winner Stars Honor Swinton Byrne & Mom Tilda Swinton
- ‘Rocketman’ Featurette: Taron Egerton Sings Tiny Dancer In Elton John Biopic