EXCLUSIVE: Jenny Lumet has made a deal to adapt The Language of Flowers, Fox 2000’s adaptation of the novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh. Lucy Fisher and Douglas Wick are producing through Red Wagon Productions. The bestselling book is an inspirational story about a young woman who uses her gift for creating flower arrangements to express frustration from her past experience in the foster care system. Lumet, daughter of the late Gotham directing legend Sidney Lumet, made her screenwriting debut with the Jonathan Demme-directed Rachel Getting Married, for which she Lumet won the New York Film Critics’ Circle Award and was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award. She is represented by ICM and Jackoway Tyerman Wertheimer Austen Mandelbaum Morris & Klein.
'Rachel Getting Married' Scribe Jenny Lumet Takes On 'The Language Of Flowers'
What's Hot on Deadline
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough Bashes Fox News: "What Are YOU Going To Do Today To Help Us Find Those Children?!"
As More Showrunners Speak Up Against Fox News, 20th TV Faces A Short-Term Problem, FBC - A Long-Term One
Latest Film News
- Scoot McNairy Joins Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’
- Imagine Buys Zach Dean Pitch ‘Canary’ As Ron Howard Directing Vehicle
- Film Musicians Residuals Fund Collects Record $100 Million; Many Stars Owed Money
- Jason Biggs Signs With ICM Partners
- DGA Says Number Of Minority Film Directors Hit 5-Year Low Last Year, Down 46% Since 2013; Women Making Gains
- PGA Awards Set 2019 Date & Timeline