Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is in final negotiations to star in Dutch director Anton Corbijn’s thriller A Most Wanted Man. FilmNation Entertainment will handle international sales for the title at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin. Adapted by Andrew Bovell (Edge Of Darkness) from a spy novel by John le Carré, the story centers on a Chechen/Russian Muslim who illegally immigrates to Hamburg where he gets caught up in the international war on terror. Hoffman will play a rogue chief of a German spy unit who tries to put together the mystery over his arrival. Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood under their Potboiler Productions banner, Stephen and Simon Cornwell under Ink Factory and Malte Grunert under Amusement Park Film will be producing. Tessa Ross will executive produce for Film4. FilmNation Entertainment was founded in 2008 by veteran international sales executive Glen Basner.
Philip Seymour Hoffman In Final Talks for 'A Most Wanted Man'
What's Hot on Deadline
Wilmer Valderrama Signs On To Return To 'NCIS', Enters First-Look Deal With CBS TV Studios Focused On Diversity
Latest Film News
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ Rises To $145M+ Opening – Early Saturday AM Update
- 20th Century Fox Sets Dates For Untitled James Mangold Ferrari Project, Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death On The Nile…
- ‘Child’s Play’ Series May Be Headed To TV After Creator Twitter Tease
- Johnny Depp Loses Bid To Delay $25M Fraud Trial On Heels Of Train Wreck Rolling Stone Profile
- ‘Scorpion’ Actress Jadyn Wong Joins ‘Needle In A Timestack’; Raymond J. Barry Cast In ‘Made In Chinatown…
- Peter Bart: New Irish Mind-Set Triggers Upswing In Dublin Economy, And Revolution In Its Pop Culture