Film Movement has picked up North American rights to Maya Kenig’s directorial debut Off White Lies. The 2012 Berlinale Generations sidebar debut centers on news stories and family events that Kenig experienced as a young mother during the 2006 war between Israel and Lebanon. The feature, in Hebrew with English subtitles, will have a New York theatrical debut in third-quarter 2012 followed by a limited national theatrical rollout in addition to a day-and-date VOD release. Film Movement’s VP Acquisitions and Distribution Rebeca Conget negotiated the deal with Virginie Devesa and Keiko Funato of the newly formed French sales company Alpha Violet.
'Off White Lies' Nabbed for North America
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars Last Call: Queen's Brian May & Roger Taylor On Rami Malek's Morph Into Freddie Mercury In 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel': Star Rachel Brosnahan & Co-Star Tony Shalhoub Nab Big Raises, Alex Borstein Nears New Deal
Latest Film News
- Bette Midler to Perform Song From ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ At Oscars
- ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ Puts The Mass Incarceration Issue On The Big Screen – Guest Column
- Berlin Film Festival 2019 Winners: Nadav Lapid’s ‘Synonyms’ Takes Golden Bear; Full List Of Winners
- Bruno Ganz Dies: Swiss Actor In ‘Downfall’ Was 77
- Dave Smith Dies: Walt Disney Archives Founder Was 78
- Christopher Knopf Dies: Former President Of The Writers Guild Of America West Was 91