EXCLUSIVE: ABC has cast its first ‘Maid’. Heroes alumna Dania Ramirez has been cast as one of the leads of ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Ramirez will play one of them, Rosie, a single mother who left her son back in Mexico when her husband died, slipped into El Norte and now works as the housemaid/nanny for a pair of self-absorbed and successful actors. Ramirez, repped by ICM, Anonymous Content and Patti Felker, will next be seen in features American Reunion and Premium Rush.
Marc Cherry's 'Devious Maids' Casts 'Heroes' Alumna Dania Ramirez As First Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Mocks Instagram Antics Of Mika Brzezinski, David Muir, Chris Cuomo On 'Last Week Tonight'
‘Black Panther’ Star Letitia Wright On Disney’s Juggernaut: "There Was A Need For It" - The Contenders London
'60 Minutes': Donald Trump Says "I Regret That The Press Treats Me So Badly" After Two Years Of Presidency
Gerard Butler Cancels Saudi Arabia Trip After Khashoggi's Disappearance: "The Timing Couldn't Have Been Worse"
'Venom' Courses To $378M WW; 'Star Is Born' Tops $135M; 'First Man' Begins Offshore Journey - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Martin Freeman & Imelda Staunton To Star In ITV Crime Drama ‘A Confession’
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Creator Julian Fellowes Developing Royal Drama With Simon Cowell’s Syco
- Beta, Wildside, Israeli Trio Team On Drama ‘German Moon’ About NASA Space Mission
- Syco & Fremantle Look To Replicate 'Got Talent's Global Success With 'The Greatest Dancer' – Mipcom
- ITV CEO Carolyn McCall: Timing For Endemol Shine Purchase “Did Not Feel Right”
- WME To Represent Me+You Productions As ‘Sick Of It’ Producer Eyes U.S. Scripted Push